Thursday, February 24, 2011

If my life depended on updating this blog I would be dead by now...

Ciao!

I am not sure why I can't keep up with this blog like I thought I was going too. Everyone keeps asking for the next update so here it is! I guess I don't feel the need to update unless I travel but everyday is a new adventure!

After I returned from Paris it was a week full of school and nothing too exciting. I had an Italian test that I got a B on. This language is impossible to get anything higher than a B in, well at least for me. The weeks are still flying by. Monday comes around and I am complaining that I have to go to class for four days and then before I know it it's Thursday again and I am getting ready to leave Florence.

The majority of my friends went to Switzerland this last weekend I however stayed in Florence because Ashlee came to visit! It was so nice to have a piece of home here for a weekend and someone who knows me inside and out. If only Leslie could have been here too, then the standard three would once again be united! She of course wanted to do all the touristy stuff. Visit the Ufizzi and the Academia where David is. Then she tells me she wants to climb the Duomo. Now you may all remember my post about climbing the Duomo from earlier in the semester. If you don't let me refresh your memory. This is the church where you have to pay 8 euro to climb 463 stairs to heaven, well maybe not that far but still. Literally this is the most grueling, agonizing, dreadful thing I have ever done. Even worse than high school gym class because this time I had to pay to do it. Once again after I dragged myself to the top I remembered how beautiful the scene really was and how it was worth every sweat dripping step. We stayed up there for about 20 minuets and then headed back down all 463 steps to the bottom. I am not sure which is worse, lugging my butt up the stairs or feeling like I am drunk going down the 463 winding staircases. Either way I think this might be the last time I visit the top of the Duomo.

The weekend was fantastic, we went out to the bars, went shopping, ate everything in sight and just hung out. It was something I needed after having been away from home for so long. Now I have 8 days until my mom and grandpa come to see me! I really wish the whole family could just win the lottery; quit their jobs and come to Italy and live with me for the 70 days I have remaining in this journey. That would be the most fantastic thing ever. I also need to learn to not play sappy country songs on my iTunes or type in "Garth Brooks" into Pandora because it makes me too sad. Both of my parents today told me too "turn on happy songs". They are so cute, where would I be without them?

Tomorrow I am leaving for Rome for the weekend. I am so excited to see this city! All of the history I have been learning about in class is going to be right in front of me to witness! Of course there will be a blog entry to follow this trip which will be amazing and stress free since we are visiting with the school!

TaTa For Now!!!

p.s: everyone get ready for the fantastic presents I keep buying for you. its going to be great!

p.s.s: I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment